The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 前4月全国财政收入增长5.3% 减税降费效应持续显现
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 4月百城住宅均价环比涨幅收窄 西部楼市相对疲软 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 人口100万—300万大城市全面取消落户限制 推动1亿人落户取得决定性进展 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 楼市基本平稳 明后年房价可能见顶: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 调控满月 成交量降温 广州房价现结构性下跌 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Although foreign trade accounts for a greater share of the economy than ever, the United States is still more insulated than virtually every major competitor in Europe and Asia. Such everyday purchases as haircuts, dry cleaning, financial advice and eating out are virtually immune from foreign competition.
18. Most Interesting Apology (tie) On Nov. 18, The Hollywood Reporter disgorged a 1,200-plus word apology for not including any nonwhite performer in its Oscar actress round table. Soon after, the director Alex Proyas and Lionsgate apologized for the lack of diversity in the cast in their new movie “Gods of Egypt.”
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 众多购房者陷“全款优先买房”陷阱 开发商“甩锅”销售人员
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- That's particularly striking in Brazil, with its highly mixed population that has more blacks than any country with the exception of Nigeria. More than half of Brazil's population self-identified themselves as black or of mixed-race in the 2010 census.
- 产业聚合与政策倾斜 双引擎引爆西南三环
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
斯坦福大学的Zhenan Baohas 研发出了一种具备超弹性、超耐性和超敏感的材料，能够作为未来发展人工皮肤的基础。以前，人们也研究过生化皮肤，但是Baohas的材料比以前研发出来的更具敏感性。它带有有机转换物质和一层弹性材料，保证它在不被破坏情况下的延展性。另外，这种材料带有一系列的太阳能电池元件，可以自动充电。
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is a darkly comic drama from Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh.